3.5 Days, 26 Instructional Hours
26 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
26 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
This course is eligible for credit towards OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
Many employers have confined spaces in their work environment that meet the definition of a permit space according to the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Standard for General Industry 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA for the Construction Industry. This course is designed to enable participants to recognize, evaluate, prevent, and abate safety and health hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry.
- Learn and apply the requirements of OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Entry Standard for General Industry 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA for the Construction Industry
- Recognize, evaluate and control safety and health hazards associated with permit space entry
- Classify permit spaces and evaluate programs
- Review the duties of a Competent Person
- Recognition of confined space hazards
- Principles of ventilation for confined spaces
- Permit space program requirements
- Testing and measurement to evaluate atmospheric hazards
- Training responsibilities
- Employer responsibility of rescue operations
Participants should be dressed comfortably for outdoors and wear closed-toe shoes in order to participate in planned activities or exercises.