2.5 Days, 18 Instructional Hours
18 MESH Hours (Manager of Environmental Safety and Health)
18 PDHs (Professional Development Hours for Engineers)
For location details and single session availability:
About This Course:
This course provides an update for currently authorized OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Trainers on topics such as OSHA construction industry standards, policies and regulations. Construction industry outreach trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain trainer status.
Participants will be provided with a variety of training materials and resources.
Trainers must submit a copy of their current trainer card by uploading it to the REPORTER system on their home page under the “Pending Items”>Prerequisites area after completing the registration.
As of January 1, 2019, OSHA has eliminated the 90-day grace period after the expiration of the trainer card. Trainers must renew before their expiration date in order to take the OSHA 502 Update Class. After their expiration date, trainers must re-take the OSHA 500 Trainer Course. Previously-authorized OSHA Outreach Trainers for the Construction Industry whose status has expired must now submit the same prerequisites as participants who want to become a new trainer to renew in the OSHA 500. Please note, after the expiration date on the trainer card, instructors are no longer authorized to conduct 10-hour or 30-hour classes and will not be able to request student completion cards.
Currently authorized OSHA Construction Industry Outreach Trainers who have previously completed the OSHA 500 or OSHA 502 and need to renew their trainer status.
- Learn significant changes in the Construction Industry that have occurred within the previous four years
- Demonstrate their ability to effectively deliver OSHA construction industry training
- Recent changes in OSHA Construction Industry Standards
- Updates related to National Emphasis Programs and OSHA’s Regulatory Agenda
- Adult Education Principles and Techniques
- Resources for Safety Trainers
- OSHA Outreach Training Program Requirements and Procedures